Sunday, August 12, 2012

Have You Met My Ghoulfriend?


Have You Met My Ghoulfriend? (Mostly Ghostly Book #2). R.L. Stine. (2004). 136p. New York: Delacorte Press.

Awards and Honors: none

Review:
Eleven-year-old Max has a hard time at school, he's bullied by his older brother and threatened with boarding school by his father. Compounding Max's problems is the fact that he is being haunted and no one in Max's family believes him. Nicky and Tara are two new ghosts who are trying to get Max to help them out how they died and where their parents are. Unfortunately, an evil ghost named Phears is trying to use Max to get to Nicky and Tara, which is making Max's life even harder. Max tries to protect Nicky and Tara from Phears, but when he doesn't cooperate, the evil ghost sends a ghoul to possess Max and force him into turning over the two young ghosts.

Opinion:
I can't say that I was a fan of this book. The writing was repetitive and lazy, the characters were stereotypical and unimaginative, the dialogue was clunky, and most importantly the book just wasn't scary. 

Ideas:
I don't think that I would recommend this book at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment